Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bernhard Schlink’s ‘The Reader’


I just read Bernhard Schlink’s ‘The Reader’. It took me four (4) days to read it.
Although I’m neither a fan nor a reader of historical fiction, ‘The Reader’ is one of the novels I do recommend. It is also the second Holocaust-related story I read after ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’ written by John Boyne.

I bought from the booth of National Book Store, during the first (1st) day of 31st Manila International Book Fair, held at SMX Convention Center, at the compound of SM Mall of Asia. I don’t remember the 20% price of the movie-tie-in edition of the novel.

Bernhard Schlink is a German jurist, writer/author, professor, and judge. His novel ‘The Reader’ was the first novel I read originally written in German. I read the novel in English, of course. The film version earned and receives nominations and awards, especially Kate Winslet’s performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment